Consumer Credit Legal Service (WA) is pleased to make this submission to the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) Review Issues Paper released by Consumer Affairs Australia and New Zealand. This submission addresses a number of matters in the Issues Paper, which are of particular importance to us and which we encounter regularly in our casework and advocacy, including:
- The ease of understanding and navigating the ACL
- The effectiveness of the general protections under the ACL
- The disclosure of rights and cooling off period for sales of extended warranties and add-on insurance
- The need for a lemon laws provision in the ACL
- The barriers to consumers in accessing remedies under the ACL
Read our full submission here: Australian Consumer Law Review Submission: 27 May 2016
If you are experiencing difficulties with consumer issues, please call our advice line on (08) 9221 7066.