The Magistrates Court deals with civil matters that involve:
- claims for debt or damages of up to $75,000;
- minor claims for debt or damages up to $10,000;
- consumer/trader claims over the sale, supply or hire of goods or services;
- residential tenancy matters involving amounts up to $10,000; and
- claims for the recovery of ‘real property’ up to a gross rental value of $75,000.
There are a range of forms for use in all civil proceedings initiated in the Magistrates Court, which are available from the Court’s website.